Q: How does chiropractic work?
Dr. Esser will go in with a series of Chiropractic adjustments (spinal manipulations) to try to fix the subluxations (state of less energy going into the body from the brain) and increase nerve flow to the parts of the body that are affected while taking pressure off the nerves. There are hundreds of ways to adjust the spine. If you have a preference, just inform Doc and he will accommodate accordingly (especially those nervous about any popping or twisting). There are multiple ways to get you better while ensuring you are comfortable and enjoy your visits.
Q: What is the Roller table doing?
The Intersegmental Traction Table— better known as the roller table— stretches, exercises, and massages the spine prior to your adjustment with Dr. Esser. Priming the spine in this way allows the adjustment to be more effective. After sitting all day in a neutral or flexed forward position, the discs can become dehydrated and stiff. This traction table allows fluid to flush into the disc as it makes its revolutions through the spine for a smooth and comfortable adjustment.
Q:What can chiropractic help with?
Chiropractors really don’t “treat’ anything. We make adjustments to the spine in an effort to allow the nerve flow to run at full power in the body- creating a normal state of optimal health. It’s all connected. You can only feel 10% of your body so if a person says they “feel good” that just means the 10% they can feel is probably ok. How you “feel” has little to do with how you actually are. That is why X-rays and MRIs don't lie when they show and tell you what the problem is and the chiropractor will come in with the game plan.
Q:What is Decompression and can it help me?
Non-surgical Spinal Decompression is a modality that creates a negative pressure in the disc space. By creating this negative pressure, a vacuum effect takes place and the disc that is protruded into the spinal canal is given an opportunity to retract back into its assumed anatomical position. This makes it ideal for patients with disc herniations, bulges, degeneration, or radicular pain. In addition to these more severe cases, decompression is great for heavy lifters, prolonged sitters, runners, and just about anyone with a spine. Due to the compressive forces of gravity, decompression can be a great option for a wide variety of patients.
Everybody can benefit from Decompression as we all have gravity acting down on us all day long! That’s why every Thursday at 12:15 you will find Doc on the tables himself!
*Talk to Dr. Esser if you are interested in this service so he can evaluate your case and determine if you are a good candidate.
Q: I’ve heard that if I start going to the chiropractor, I have to keep going forever. Is that true?
As with all good things, regular maintenance is required for optimal function, recovery, and sustainability. When you go to the gym, you do not stop going once you are fit. You keep going to maintain your fitness. This same principle applies with your spinal health. When joints become fixated or stuck together, it takes 30 days for there to be a decline in tissue quality, for this reason, it is recommended that all patients get adjusted at least once a month once after you’ve completed the initial care plan. Dr. Esser will review your specific frequency recommendations at the end of your initial care plan and we will come up with a way to keep you well until you croke or I croke!
Q: Is Chiropractic Really Like Dentistry?
▪ A Dentist recommends yearly checkups to ensure proper maintenance.
▪ A Mechanic recommends semi-yearly tune-ups to ensure a properly running vehicle.
▪ Both of these have the ability to have parts replaced.
▪ Teeth can be replaced.
▪ An engine can be replaced.
▪ Your Spine cannot be replaced
▪ It can only be fused which will reduce range of motion, limiting your ability to work or live, or desensitized with drugs.
o Essentially taking a sticky note and putting it over the warning light of your car dashboard.
o Then driving that car for miles and miles and the
problem escalates to where a total engine replacement is required. (surgery)
Q: Why Is the Spine So Important?
To some, Chiropractors are known as Back Doctors, but in reality, we are Nervous System Doctors.
o The Brain and Spinal Cord (Nervous system) control every Cell, Tissue, and Organ Gland in the body.
The Spine just happens to be the portion that protects the Nervous system and provides foundational support.
The Spine is freely movable to allow a proper range of motion, that ability to be free movable is where issues can arise. The pressure being placed on the nerve disrupts nerve flow/nerve power to the body from the spine or disc itself.
Remove the interference, allow full communication from the brain (immune system) and the body will have the highest potential for healing.
Q: Should I Get My Child/Infant Checked by a Chiropractor?
• Many parents are choosing to be proactive with their children’s health.
o Understanding the importance of nurturing a growing nervous system!
• Chiropractic care is both proactive and preventative when it comes to wellness for kids.
• Pediatric adjustments are safe and gentle, using no more pressure than what you would check the ripeness of a tomato.
• Our office focuses on making sure your child has a properly functioning nervous system, creating health right from the beginning of life!
• Symptoms that have been brought into our office in the past week:
o Colicky, Troubles latching, Constipation, Birth trauma, Bedwetting, Ear infections
If you want your kids to develop the same issues as you, then leave them at home. - Dr. Esser specializes in Pediatrics, getting your kids checked to ensure they are not developing abnormally can save you time and money in the future!
Q: Why Does It Seem Like Chiropractors Practice So Differently?
• There are multiple paths to accomplish goals in life.
The premise is overall the same in that removing the interference (subluxation) is the goal.
• There are multiple different types of lawyers, accountants, and medical doctors.
o All with different approaches and techniques.
• Finding the right fit for you and your family is vital, as they can be a resource for your entire family’s lives forever!
Q: Should Athletes Go to the Chiropractor
• As we compete, we are putting stress
on our bodies that over time need to be
addressed so that we can perform at
our highest levels.
o Small Unaddressed
Microtraumas Over Time Create
• All 32 NFL teams have a Chiropractor,
that’s not a coincidence.
Q: Is Chiropractic Good for Seniors?
• Chiropractic is fantastic for Seniors.
o Achy-ness, Reflux, Pain, Numbness, Tingling, Anxiety, Degenerative Disc Disease, Bulging discs
o All symptoms that have been brought into our office in the past week.
• Chiropractic can be tailored to the individual.
o Lighter technique is used if
• Medicare benefits are one of the best insurances around.
• Even the government (Medicare insurance) knows that Seniors need care.
Q: Is It Expensive?
• Compared to what?
o An emergency room visit at a thousand dollars just for walking through the door? A huge surgery?
• Having the ability to live your life with little to no pain, and functioning at your very best is priceless.
• Ever been congested and all stuffed up?
o The entire time you are stuffed up, you constantly think to yourself, I really take for granted when I am not
stuffed up and can actually BREATHE.
• Your health is the same way, except it’s not a simple cold that we are discussing.
YOUR GREATEST WEALTH IS YOUR HEALTH
• A million dollars in the bank doesn’t matter if you cannot function to enjoy it!